Re: RE: SOT Loopy transportation >>> Santa Cruz Loop JAMlogistics...

In a message dated 4/6/0 2:00:18 PM, mbiffle@svg.com writes:

>I've found it simpler sometimes to put out a pair of stereo mics in
>the room (or possibly more) and let everyone take care of their own
>speaker placement. It also localizes the various players sounds in the
>stereo field... I know that isn't the full-on stereo treatment most of
>us are used to, but it's not percieved as full mono either. It's a
>compromise which sometimes sounds great.

I'm thinking this is the way to go, also, even though I don't have my
dream
speaker cabs yet (what are they?) Less time wasted trying to get a mix and
find that loopers are often pretty good about there own levels.  Besides,
if
we *were* to spend some time getting all wired up - how about a MIDI
chain!
Each of us can opt in to the sync loop when desired, and/or play/loop
freely.

My loop art is mostly of the ambient guitar variety. I'd probably bring
Boss
GT-5, MicroSynth, DL-4, and JamMan. Oh and I s'pose a couple of Ampeg
Jet-sized amps.

I often pack a sampler/drum box, but hopefully a true rhythmitist will be
there.

eric p
echo park