Re:OT: Octave

>i've been trying to get one of the boutique pedal manufacturers to make a
>low octave (or one and two octave) pedal that will also do the fuzz thang.
>i'd like them to make it so that the fuzz and octave are discrete and
>blendable versus the original signal. so far no takers. anyone else think
>that this would be useful? it would be kinda cool if we could get a
>grassroots thing that would make one of these people interested in filling
>a niche that isn't being met yet. ideas?????

Have you tried the MXR Blue Box (Jimmy Page guitar solo on "Fool in the
Rain"),
or it's perverse
cousing, the DOD Buzz Box?  The latter has distortion,
double-octave-below, tone
 control and effect
level.  With a minor tweak (adding a resistor internally), the
double-octave
level can be tamed somewhat
to make it actually musically useful.  Works great on trumpet.

See the Harmony-Central reviews.

Paul Camann