Idea for trans-expression/vol pedal compatability (was Re: volume pedal help)

 have an idea

a simple mod (resistors and a switch?) that could be done to a pedal that
would allow you to switch between modes/resistances

(I have a Zoom FP01 and would like to use it with Vortex and Echoplex but
it has the short-range problem..)

or an adapter that is male at one end and female at the other (or
female-female etc..) and has a switch that lets you select different
impedances and/or resistances or somethings so that different
expression/volume pedals can be used interchangeably with different
equipment.

Ben

----
>>I just got a used ernie ball volume pedal--my first volume pedal--and
>find it produces a very >>slight, gradual increase until the last 1/2" of
>travel, when it suddenly goes through the >>entire usable range--as if
>it's logarithmic rather than linear.  I'm finding it hard to use
>>>effectively for anything but full on-full off shifts, when what I want
>is the ability to >>modulate volume more subtly.  So my question:  >>is
>this normal?  Do I just need to work on my technique, or is there
>something I'm missing?  >>another pedal that might work better for my
>needs?
>>thanks for any and all help--
Bruce Comens

>This can also happen if you connect the pedal to a lower impedance that
>its potentiomenter is.
>

>         ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org

What are you N2?  Choose from 150 free e-mail addresses.
http://www.n2mail.com