Fwd: Akai S2000 looping

I have a question for any experienced S2000 users: when I set a loop
within a sample, how do I trim all the sound before the sample starts,
so when I trigger the sample, it starts on the loop. What I tried doing
was setting te "trim start" and "trim end" points where I wanted the
loop to start and end. Then, I would calculate the space between these
two numbers (trim end minus trim start), and have that number be the
"loop length", but it doesn't let me set a length that long. I haven't
found anything in the manual that shows how to do just a loop, no extra
sound, I hope the answer isn't too obvious so I look like a jackass,
thanks in advance for any advice.    - Dan