Re: OT: GP-100 v Line 6

Hi,
    I bought a Flextone with 2 10" speakers and the companion floorboard
controller. The master volume pedal was designed wrong in my opinion. It
reduces the signal before the pre amp or distortion producing part of the
amp
when it should reduce the signal after this stage. If you have a great
overdrive tone, reducing the volume cleans the tone up, exactly like
turning
down the volume knob on your guitar. It should keep the same tone, but just
reduce the volume.
    Also, the tones were one dimensional. For example, I found a great SRV
type tone, but it only worked on my neck pickup and only for single note
leads. It just lost its appeal when backing off the volume a little to play
chords or double stop licks. Also switching to another pickup didn't
produce a
very good tone. The Flex was too particular for my tastes.
    And finally, it just didn't have the feel and rich tone of my tube
amps.
If it was 80% of the way there I'd still have it, maybe even 70%... but it
went back to the store. For reference I have a VHT Pittbull combo with 1
12",
a VHT Pittbull head with a 2 12" cabinet, and a Crate VC3112; all tube
amps.

--
Mike Nelson

Boomerang Musical Products       800-530-4699
PO Box 541595                    214-340-6913, Outside USA
Dallas, TX  75354-1595           214-343-1038, Fax

http://www.boomerangmusic.com    mnelson@dmans.com

"Some products make you sound better;
 the Boomerang Phrase Sampler makes you play better."