Re: Performing solo loop improvisations

Personally,

        I like to change my set-up for every gig, using either a different
instrument or different order of effects or whatever.  This helps me to
avoid falling into old habits and keep what I'm doing fresh.  I practice
with the set up I'm going to use for a couple of nights before the gig so
I can get a couple good ideas to fall back on in case of writer's block
and then I just go and do it.  I have a very textural approach usually, so
it works a lot off of my current mood and a lot less around melodic or
rhythmic lines.  This seems to work pretty well for me, but I think each
performer has to work out their situation themselves.

        Kevin

Kevin Goldsmith                         kevin@unitcircle.com
Unit Circle Media                       http://www.unitcircle.com/