Re: EDP Malfunction Question

At 8:39 AM -0700 4/17/00, kamlapati.khalsa@philips.com wrote:
>All,
>
>The RECORD button on my EDP foot controller stopped working yesterday. I
>am in a panic! Sometimes the switch does nothing, sometimes a single tap
>sends two taps to the the box. Does anyone know where spare switched can
>be found?

you can replace it with any momentary switch, really. The actual switches
Gibson uses can be bought from Mouser, http://www.mouser.com. It's very
easy to fix yourself, the pedal is quite simple. (you need some nominal
soldering skills, though.)

>Does anyone have
>expereince with Gibson customer service / repair? Are there other ways to
>get my baby repaired?

Gibson has a repair operation set up for the echoplex now, and they seem
quite capable and friendly to me. Contact Shane Radtke
<sradtke@gibson.com>, 1-800-544-2766 x206 or (847) 741-7315 x206. I think
Shane is on the list.

kim

http://www.annihilist.com/  |