Re: Top Ten

At 11:42 AM -0700 4/17/00, Betsey Biggs wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm a music student (keyboard/percussion/synth) and just getting into
>looping, still sorting out my gear, etc. I'm also wanting to listen to
>some
>examples of the genre... I've looked at the website discography and
>browsed
>through the archives, but I'm still looking for listening suggestions. I'm
>currently writing a paper on the use of loops in modern music and wanted
>solicit a top ten list, of the top ten looping albums of all time. Okay,
>it
>doesn't have to be ten, but you get the idea.

I think Looping is more of a musical technique and not a genre at all. You
could use it anywhere, really. Recommending top looping albums seems rather
like recommending the "top 10 percussion albums" or something.

But I think you could start with "Looper's Delight Vol. 1", and then go for
"Looper's Delight Vol. 2". All made from people on the list, past and
present. You can find out how to order them from the web site. From there,
check out all the other recordings people on this list have made. You'll
hear all sorts of great music from people right here! If you go to the
Profiles section on the LD pages you'll find links to people's pages where
many have their stuff online.

kim

http://www.annihilist.com/  |