Re: R: Live horn looping

> > This brings me to my actual question. I have been getting into running
>my
>  > effects in parallel instead of all in line like I used to. Does anyone
>  > know of a good way to split a signal from an instrument into many
>lines
>  > (6?) to run parallel effects, which then get input into the trusty
>Mackie
>  > 1202 and mixed live? I am also interested in being able to mute the
>imput
>  > to certain lines so that the existing loops do not get messed up.

the ultimate solution would be a mixer with enough outputs to cover
your requirements (FX sends or Group Outs)
Otherwise you could run a number of FX from each Aux out of your mixer,
which would be much better than a passive split before the mixer.
how about putting 6 pots (100K log?) in a box so you could
control i/p to each FX separately. Because you'd be
using the mixer out you wouldn't need any active electronics
to get a high quality result.

Andy Butler