R: EDP Power-on problem, new unit

My new new edp (dated 03/03/00!) has this intermittent power-on
problem--the
lights flash, then go dark, though the input led will light if I feed it
something.  But
I'm much too happy playing with it to send it away at the moment, as it
seems to
fire up properly after a couple of tries.   Is it likely to get worse?

Also, sometimes the feedback control just won't go to 100%--the loop
gradually fades even though it's all the way to the right.  Restarting the
machine seems to solve the problem, but that's obviously not a great
solution.  Is there a quick
fix?