Re: Frisell recommendations

In a message dated 4/19/00 3:30:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Loopers-Delight-d-request@annihilist.com writes:

<< OK, I'll confess: I've never listened to Bill Frisell.

 But I'd like to remedy that; any recommendations? (I'd like to start with
 an album that showcases looping content and improvisation...) >>

Frisell is a great person to listen to to hear someone drop loops in and
out
of real-time pieces in a totally organic way.  "Live", as someone
mentioned,
has some great bits, as does Power Tools' "Strange Meeting".  But, for
looping content I couldn't recommend anything more highly than his brand
new
"Ghost Town", a solo-with overdubs record that is probably his most
loop-heavy record to date.

Ken R