Re: Negativland on tour...

I believe it was Musician magazine - I remember seeing the same interview.
Two takes on U2, if I might...

I erased a lot of pieces composed in the early 80s, because they sounded
me) like someone elses' work.  Then I saw U2 making scads of money making
music that sounded like someone elses' work.  I don't throw away ANYTHING
anymore.

In the article-in-question, I found a good deal of dark humor in the
non-mentioning of the fact that it was ENO that came up with the whole idea
with the TV screens/satellite access and all, and Bono who came up with the
name for it.  Again, credit placed where not deserved.  Perhaps a lesson
for
us as performers, if a cautionary one - make diagrams or some note
regarding
the idea/composition, even if on a napkin, date it, show it to others, and
put it away for safe keeping (or, in this so-called digital age, scan it,
but keep the paper).

Stephen Goodman
EarthLight Productions * http://www.earthlight.net

"rich" <rich@nuvision.com> put forth: