Re: Negativland becomes U2 becomes Eno

> >Note the huge difference between "Are We Not Men"
> and "Duty Now.." on the guitar and treatments.
>
> why would you agree that Eno created the environment for bands to achieve
> certain 'sound', and that their subsequent career/sonic trajectory was
> somehow inextricable from Eno's initial imprint, and then point out the
> differences between albumms where Eno was producing and where he was not?
>
> Just Curious...

Because some artists walked away from the experiences with
lessons learned, while others did not. I think Devo didn't
learned very much (mainly the Casales)- their output was
miserable after Eno. On the other hand, Mark Mothersbaugh
on his own is a highly creative and inventive guy with or
without Eno.

- Larry

> perhaps i am underestimating the role of a producer?  when i listen to
> Devo, i hear Devo, not Eno.  when i listen to the first Velvet's record,
> hear Cale and Reed, not Andy Warhol.  Teo Macero was intrumental to
>Miles'
> sound in the studio, but i like Miles, not Teo...and the Unforgettable
Fire