Re: Mo-Fx, was Live horn looping

hello mark (i'll cc this to the list if you don't mind),

> ... but I was wondering if the signal is
> "degraded" by flipping it through different delay times. Some units I'm
> familiar with (Eventide H3000 DSX, Digitech RDS 7.6) will "chew up" the
> audio significantly... So does the Mo-FX keep the original audio quality
>of
> the loop when you turn back to the 1/1 speed?

yes, unfortunately there is no option to disenable the pitch warpage and
audio garbling when the delay time is changed. i personally like this
effect but i understand that you may not always want to have it. in
general, i would consider the mo-fx to be more of a delay than a looper,
in other words its more of a "processor" than a "storage" unit.

> And another very relative question, how does the flanger sound, typical
> digital cheap rack/fllor box quality, or better?

the flanger sounds very clean and "scientific". i've never owned a
flanger before so i can't directly compare it ... but i would say that
this is a pretty unique flanger. it can go from very extreme to very
subtle. PLUS it allows you to do "manual flanging" by disengaging the
midi sync and setting the sweep time to infinity. you need your hands to
do this, of course.

ba-ba,
rob