Re: ...ENO and U2 (slightly OT)

when U2 was touring the states immediately following the first album (and
pretty much unknown outside of college radio where I was spending my free
time as promotions manager), I brought them to Washington University's
Graham Chapel where they played all the soungs on the album and then
REPEATED several of them for encores--word was that they could barely play
their instruments at that point in their career)

this to a packed house of about 100 students

I fondly think back to that tiem of innocence whenever I see them playing
Wembley or Madison Square Garden or whatever . . .

and of course my intro to Eno was as the chameleonish sound-wash man in
Roxy
Music . . .

Tom Lambrecht

hideo@concentric.net