Looper as MIDIclock master

Hi

Another "sequencer" question:

We programmed the EDP to send out MIDIclock to drive a sequencer or
drum machine. We did endless tests to confirm the various clock
rates, StartSong, StopSong..., but since I rather dislike prerecorded
or even synthesized sounds in my music, I never used that feature.
... until yesterday: I used an old HR16 drum machine and imagined
that I could record a bass line on the EDP and then program some drum
pattern into the HR16, in real time. It did not work. It seams that
the HR16 only records with internal clock. So I would have to prepare
the pattern and then start it from the EDP. Thats not my style.
Its not even possible to program something in non real time to fit to
the running loop and then start it synced (Exept with the not
finished LOOP4 soft, where MUTE-UNDO also can send a StartSong).
Maybe I should get some newer equipment...

Does someone use a drum machine or stand alone sequencer slaved to
the MIDIclock out of some Looping device?
Can you program the drum sequence in real time?

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org