Playing out? -- Re: list etiquette

Well, I looked at the list of looping events (provided by LD), and there
was
just one.  And if this place is ideally not used for gigs listing, I wonder
where all the looping people play.  Are you playing at home?  Or you don't
want to let others know about what and where you are doing?  I am confused.

I always liked to read about gigs right here, because it's available right
away.  And it gives me a chance to contact the players privately, if I feel
like it.  This list is great also because of that, and I follow it for
several years already.  It is encouraging to see that there are other
people
involved in "weird stuff", like looping.  So what's wrong about letting
each
other know about our performances?

Commercial music has its own strong vehicles for advertizing, but it's not
mu cup of tea.  I am always looking for contacts and connections with
people
who are at least distantly close to my way of playing or so, and it does
not
matter to me whether they are playing in DC or CA or Europe or Wherever.  I
don't have to be there in person even though the flying carpet would be
great.

petr dolák