Re: Different Sequencer question

Thank You very much, Mr. Bill, for your note on the Orbit. And....sorry! I
felt that rather than helping you, I disturbed you with my 'input'. Perhaps
your email was not intended for the entire list (?) But it will help
'lesser
mortals' like me if you could give more importance to "specifics".

However, I would like to enter a few lines here for the benefit of anybody
who knows what 'sysx messages' and DRMs mean and how to write them but is
completely new to Cakewalk and is wondering how to integrate his/her DRMs
into Cakewalk. Actually. its very simple ! - just paste your DRMs to the
'win.ini' file and save it. But, please be cautious not to disturb other
elements in your win.ini file and keep a back up copy of it before making
any modifications to it. Ofcourse, this means reasonably good familiarity
with the win.ini file. But there's no other way  to make DRMs for a
particular instrument to appear automatically in the Cakewalk
'sysx ->receive -> DRM' dialog box. However, it is just much easier and
simpler for us musicians if the modules we use consist of 'sysx dump'
features. In that case, you could just click on "You start dump on
instrument" in the DRM dialog box and thereafter start dumping  from your
instrument by selecting the relevant menu and pressing the relevant switch
on your module. You need to store each different message, e.g. 'Patch
settings, Performance settings etc.' (available in your sound module) in
different banks and you can then use the 'send' button in the Cakewalk sysk
dialog box to transmit those messages back to your sound module whenever
you
need to do so.

Thank you and regards,
Uday.