Re: List Etiquette -- "CLEARLY Marked Gig Post"

> As I said, I don't care if there are gig posts or not, just be sure to
> CLEARLY mark you gig posts as such so that those of us who aren't
> interested don't have to read them.

all's fair in love and p.r., up to and including your eminently fair,
clarified request above. so, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea gigabyte culpa,
Kevin
and all lovers de la loop, for self-promotion past and very present,
indeed...the press release for my next gig(s) went a little something like
this -- love to see you all/some there, then:

"For Immediate Release:

PEEKSKILL DUB ASSASSINS TO MANIFEST THE FIRST THREE SATURDAYS IN MAY AT ONE
STATION PLAZA IN PEEKSKILL, NY FROM 3 PM ONWARD

April 19 - A loose collective of musical experimenters from a wide variety
of backgrounds will descend upon the musician-run performance space, One
Station Plaza, on the first three Saturdays during the month of May.
Performing under the name Peekskill Dub Assassins, the assemblage will
improvise music informed by the musical continuum between dub and
jungle/drum-'n-bass/ambient music(s), while engaging the sensibilities of
jazz, noise, hardcore, experimental electronic music and the music(s) of
non-Western cultures.

The performances -- convened by Peekskill multimedia artist, James Keepnews
-- will take place every Saturday in May (_EXCEPT_ May 27) beginning at 3
PM

and continuing therefrom. An admission of $3 will be collected at the door.

For more information on the Peekskill Dub Assassins performances, please
call 212.353.6971 or e-mail keepnews@node.net.

One Station Plaza -- founded by the late free-jazz guitar legend, Sonny
Sharrock -- is located at 38 North Division Street in Peekskill, NY. Their
phone number is 914.736.1053."

    ~   > -- James Keepnews -- <  "Put oneself into a state of intense
  (.-.)             *               ignorance and curiosity, and yet
 (   \  > - Multimedia Yahoo - <    see things in advance."
    "   >   keepnews@node.net  <       -- Robert Bresson (1901-1999)