Re: open reel deck looping?

APerson7531@aol.com wrote:

> You people who have discovered the key for finding limitless looping for
> rythmns as long as you can possibly imagine are amazing!   What should I
>get
> first in order to start trying this.   Cuz I really don't like the memory
> limits and bullshit that come with digital.  Anyway I am Motley and I
>love
> everyone!

wow, sure is nice getting all this free love :-)

digital memory limits aren't such a problem for me (it's my own memory
that i
worry about!), but the notion of creating really long tape loops as a
performance element (visually and musically) is somewhat intriguing. i
wonder,
of those of you who have done the tape bit, what is the longest loop you
have
created?

while on the subject, i wanna thank everyone who's responded to the open
reel
looping thread. i haven't had time to work on this yet, but hope to get to
it
soon.

lance g.