Re: India

Uday said:

>That was really cool ! Well, I am overwhelmed and gratified. Never knew
>that
>India and Indians are loved so much.

Many of us learned from Indian philosphy / spiritual work in some way.

And as a creator of instruments, I find it obvious that India has the
most developped traditional instruments:
"Tricks" like the weight on the skin of the Tabla, the passive
strings in the neck of the sitar or the "distortion" at the bridge of
the sitar you dont find in such elaborated combination in any other
culture!

As an improvisor, I also observe especially the indian music.

And probably the strongest book about music and its curing power has
been written by Sufi Hazrat Inayat Khan - not really an indian, but
raized there.
Sufism is not really an indian philosophy but it survived there.

We had several discussions about indian music and instruments here.
For example in the beginning of April '99 we had "Asian Instruments",
"Shruti, Drones, Tanpura". "Loopable Instruments"...

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org