Re: Free Music

> The only caveat is, how is anyone going to make money distributing music
> with this technology?  *scratches head*  Is that really the point?

Eventually either a pay-as-you-go micropayment system or some
kind of encryption method may come along for commercial releases.
But even that is doubtful.

But like you said, is that really the point of (recorded) music?
Music is a commodity and once a product becomes commodified it
becomes so wide spread that it no longer makes sense to pay
exhorbitant prices for it. High Tech and software is the perfect
example of this process, for instance RAM memory:

IBM in 1975: "There's maybe a market for 4000 computers out there."

Gates in 1984: "Who would ever want or need more than 64K of
memory?"

(Unnamed defunct company, 1994): "The Internet is a FAD...like
hoola-hoops."

The point is, no one *knows* where this is going. Just that it's
no longer not going to be more of the same and business as usual.

- Larry T