OT: Audio CD-R vs. Data CD-R

>luca wrote:
>
>> CDRs (for computers) cost less than Audio CDs.
>> I have been told this difference ( in Italy it is about 1/2  U.s. $ )
>is a
>> sort of tax that is payed to majors  or whatever because it is clear
>that
>> people uses the specific Audio Cd to duplicate music.

Audio CD-R vs. Data CD-R

I've seen this several times.  I don't understand why there's a
difference.  I
can understand that a particular manufacturer might recommend using only
particular branded CD-Rs for recording, but I think that has to do with the
combination of dyes in the CD-R and recording technology (laser freq,
intensity,
etc).

I don't think there any inherent difference between an audio CD-R and a
data
CD-R.  Check out http://www.fadden.com/cdrfaq/

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com