Re: Thoughts after gettting gig mail

Peters point is nice and sincere:

>Wow another person on the list is doing a show. It's too bad the venue is
>so
>far. I'd love to see in person the approach they take to it. I could
>always
>use some new input on how to set up for a live scenario. ::looks around at
>gear:: I have all this cool stuff wired up around me and it sounds great
>when
>I get it all going. Something is missing though. I know what it is. I've
>lost
>that feeling of exploration. When I first bought each piece I'd play with
>it
>for days straight, constantly finding those new ways it can call out
>aspects
>of my personality in its sound. I buy more and more equipment now to try
>and
>find that feeling again but each time the sensation is just a faded copy
>of
>what it was before. All this time I've spent shut in and learning hasn't
>been
>for nothing though. I just feel I have to move on to the next level soon,
>let
>what I found interact with the world for once. I should go out and show
>others who I am inside.  Some people will like it and some won't. I could
>find new people to share with and they can share with me. I could use some
>friends. It's good to see that others out there are doing it. I'll try a
>little harder at getting it all together. I can make it happen, I can do
>it.
>I have to never give up finding new ways to believe in who i am. It's
>hard at
>times but has anything bad ever came out of trying?

... but I dont think you need to do gigs for this.
The first step is to vistit friends with a tape of your latest music.
No need to anounce it specially, just let it run. You hear it in a
differnet ambience and with some people more or less paying atention,
and you have time to observe how they react and how the conversation
changes according to the music.
The conclusion does not need to be clear in mind, the intuition grows
automatically and makes you play differently.
Then you record the next tape... dont overdo it though, my friends
could not stand it any more at some point :-)

I am using the same set of gear for 13 years now (just upgrading
reverb and loop units). Its interesting...

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org