Ebay JamMan; also EDP prices

Yes, I've been waiting for my humble bid of $300 to be bested for an 8 sec
Jampup posted to Ebay--I'd expect to pay $600-800 for a tricked out one.  I
am happy to have my own 32 sec model, but I am going to look into buying an
EDP.  Can anyone give me an idea of what list is, memory prices, and/or
what
I should expect to pay to move up to the big time (I made a joke).  Also,
do
all the new units ship with the latest software?  I'll take my answer off
the air.
Gary