Re: Female Loopers?

ok, I know, I need to say something about everything... but dont
worry, my subscription here is not for a long time. While this I say
a lot, then I shut up.

First we will have to accept that in almost all cultures at almost
all times the women incorporated beauty through dancing (and maybe
singing) while the men called the spirits using instruments and
drugs. This chemistry will be arround in our brain bases for another
while. I hope I dont open a worm box here, certainly there are many
ways to see this and lots of exeptions, I mean just a rough tendency.

We observe clearly that those frontiars dissolve like most frontiers
in this phase of evolution and the humans discover that they all have
some of the male and some of the female energy, different amounts in
different aspects.

So the contribution of the woman in music is growing anyway and I
dont think we can do much about it exept listen to each other and
play with each other when the oportunities arrive.

My public is more female than male. I rather play in meditations and
meetings about holistics and therapies where for some reason the
interest and dedication of the females is bigger. This is not
traditional, is it? If this movement is new, it seams the woman are
quicker in evolution then man. ;-)

I know a female looper in Sao Paulo called Magda Pucci and she is
also the leader of a great "world music" group of female singers and
(male) "ethnic" instrumentists called Mavaca (no looping yet, though)
www.neoradio.com. I have some recordings of her looping that I should
put up on my site for you to hear.

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org