Re: Female Loopers?

JP -
It was me who compared AKASH with the Tubes and Fluxus, et al.

Interestingly you mentioned Camille Paglia, who is brilliant
and whom I enjoy reading. My wife thinks she's cool.

In fact, I thought of Camiile while I was reading your
description of AKASH - the whole (tired?) porn-chic thing set
down by Camille *years ago*. Don't get me wrong, I think women
should get in touch with their inner Slut-Goddess. ;)

I suppose there's really nowhere else to go with 'shock',
so maybe a Dada attempt to recapitulate to the mainsteam
is all thats left. Just seems...what's the word, trendy?
Not exactly. Maybe self-conscious.

There's a passage from Helmholtz regarding aesthetics
which says it better:

    "Whenever we see that conscious reflection has acted
    in the arrangement of the whole, we find it lacking."

        'Man fuhlt die Absicht, und man wird verstimmt.'
        (We feel the purpose, and it jars upon us.)

Again, I haven't seen or heard AKASH, yet I seem to have
been able to nail the schtick dead on just by "feeling
the purpose". No offense. I'm just pointing out the tendency
of an agenda to swamp the music. But that might be your
intention for all I know. It might be great fun. :)

Such a damn curmugeon sometimes,
- Larry T