Re: Echoplex Goes 'Bananas'

David Kirkdorffer <DKirkdorffer@xchange.com> wrote:-

> Just so you know, Jon at Alto has so far shipped about 70 Echoplexes to
> people across the world. That probably makes him the world's number one
> Echoplex dealer.
>
> The price he has been offering is barely above his cost:
>
> $608 for the EDP
> $95 for the footpedal
>
> $703 Total plus applicable taxes
>
> In defense of Jon, he has been a very good person to work with.

Fair enough David, but please understand that I wasn't questioning Alto's
reputation, or history as a 'plex dealer. There's no denying that their
price is the best, (I did say that Bananas' weren't the cheapest.)

My point was simply that Alto don't actually have any stock (yet,) and were
HOPING to fulfil orders over the next few months. At least this is what
they
told me during a telephone conversation earlier this week...

Also, to those who posted about the cost of memory, I accept (once again)
that Bananas' may charge a little more. Amazingly though, even with the
international shipping included, I am spending over 200 pounds LESS in
total
than the price Trace Elliot have quoted as the eventual UK tag :-)

Cheers,

Lee Fletcher
http://www.waterleat.screaming.net