RE: Dripsody/Hugh LeCaine

Not bad for such a brief bio, except that the caption is wrong on the first
picture. That's actually the touch-sensitive organ he's playing. The
electronic Sackbut is in the lower picture.

There is a book about Dr. LeCaine called "The Sackbut Blues" which may
still
be available. You can contact the author, Gayle Young, at:
sound@musicworks-mag.com . There is an accompanying LP that contains
Dripsody, as well as several other pieces by LeCaine. I'm not sure if there
are still copies available, or if it has been pressed on CD, but you can
find out from Gayle.

Actually, I just remembered that Dripsody is also available on a Naxos CD
called "Introduction to Canadian Music." It's a 2-disc set with booklet
and,
as usual with Naxos, it's very reasonably priced. I don't remember the
serial number off-hand, but if anyone's interested I can find out.

Jim Bailey