RE: Acid

Hi Peter,

> I'm curious to know how many loopers are using Acid, and I'm
> also hoping to

I had been toying with ACID a little bit, but did not find it useful for my
personal purposes. As for looping, it doesn't imho offer enough
possibilities for realtime loop processing. What the using of sample loops
concerns, it doesn't offer so many possibilities which I wouldn't have
using
Cubase VST Audio, so I stick with that.

> What do you use it for?  Do you mostly use the sounds
> included with the
> program, or bits from other recordings, or samples of your
> own playing, or

I used mostly "bits from other recordings". A friend of mine, DJ with a
strong oldschool black background and some current work in the dance
direction is using acid with great success. Guess it's just a software for
non-musicians...

mfg,

        Rainer

Rainer Straschill