Re: Acid

>From my trial period with Acid, I see it as a relatively simple
>sequencer.
It's ideal for more repetitious type music like electronica or Glass style
minimalism.  I honestly feel that many of the digital audio sequencers
available do not offer much more than simple repetition.  I would like to
see
a program that will take audio information and manipulate it on the fly or
even a program that will apply random effects to a sample.  In fact my
idea
for all of this came from working with the Mac program M.  I really wanted
be able to input midi data in real time and have the computer recombine
the
various data randomly (which M can do with an established data set).
Imagine
a situation where the dynamics of one sample are applied to a completely
unrelated sample.  Really, I want a computer that will improvise with my
input as opposed to the current system in which I (the human element) must
react to the program.  In otherwords, a computer would have to process a
fuzzy logic in discrete terms rather than a human having to make a precise
work a little more fuzzy.  If anybody knows of such methods, I would be
eternally grateful. Sorry if this is a little strange, my brain is a
little
askew.  :-)

Later!
Joe