Re: Acid

This is completly not the case- it is extremely easy to record/use your own
files in Acid- that is part of the attraction for me-

Here's how to do it if you are not recording inside of Acid-

To ACIDize a File
Select the Properties tab.

Select the Track tab on the Properties tab.

Specify file properties in the Track type, Number of beats, and Root note
for transposing boxes.

Click the Save As button . This button will open the Save As dialog and
allow you to save the ACIDized file as a new file or a replacement of the
current file.

If you cannot or do not wish to save a new file, you can set the properties
to suit your needs, and they will be saved with the ACID project. However,
this means that you will have to set the properties for every project where
you use the loop. ACIDizing the file allows you to "set and forget" the
properties so that it will work in any project.

If you edit an ACIDized file in another audio-editing program, it is
possible that the ACID-specific data will be removed. Simply perform the
preceding procedure to re-ACIDize the file

Cliff