RE: What is the LFO for?

The most beautiful use I've experienced is to have a very slight
oscillation
on the echoes; this produces a pitch variation which, when mixed at the
right level with the input signal, produces a delicious chorus sound,
especially when used with a volume pedal in slow swells.

Of course you can speed it up and get some cool "60s surfing" effects with
very small delays.  I think there are all kinds of avenues of
experimentation when an LFO is present.

LFO