Re: edp rudimentary set up?

At 7:58 AM -0700 5/10/00, ENAT21213@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 5/10/00 1:06:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>mcgary@metronet.com writes:
>
>> > can the edp be set up to record exactly the same amount of time
>>  > loop 1 would
>>  > have when jumping to loop 2 (automatically)
>>  > looking to set my edp up very rudimentary....like the jamman does
>>  > when you record from loop to loop possible?
>>
>>  Very possible.  I assume I am reading your question right.
>>  You can set it up so that when you are in loop 1, you can
>>  press the NextLoop button to go to loop 2.  I keep my setup
>>  so that it will wait until the next loop begin to go to
>>  loop 2 and automatically enter record mode.  The contents of
>>  loop one are dumped onto loop two and you choose (by pressing
>>  record or overdub) when to stop the loop...ending on an even
>>  multiple of the first loop.
>>
>i don't want the contents of loop one spilling over to loop two......i
>just
>want to start an individual loop(loop 2) and have it automatically stop at
>the exact same time as loop 1 with one press of the next loop
>button.......like the jamman
>possible?

yes, that's very possible. That is what the TimeCopy function does. It
works just like the loopcopy function, except the sound of the previous
loop is not copied to the new one, only its time base. You set it to work
automatically with the loopcopy parameter = ti. Or, if you have
switchquantizing on, you can do it anytime. (described in the manual in the
SwitchQuant section.)

When you use timecopy, it is like you are doing the Insert function into a
new loop. Because of that, we have you actually end the loop record by
pressing Insert button, to complete that idea. So when you have timecopy on
and you press NextLoop to go to a new loop, you see it start recording
immediately. If you press Insert, it rounds off to the next cycle point,
based on the previous loop time. (you can let it go longer and do multiples
of the previous loop time as well, you will see the multiple display count
up just like with a normal insert.)

You can also end the loop record immediately by pressing Record. This gives
you flexibility, if you want you have your loop be exactly the same length
as the previous loop or you can choose to cut it off at any length. Try it,
you'll see it's very easy.

hope this helps.
kim

kim