Fwd: High E troubles

It was interesting reading Tims message about the string adapter for
"headless" guitars.  I have a Klein and I too have collected a large
supply
of strings minus the high E - and I am using a heavier gauge to begin with
(010-046).  Is this a common problem with this hardware?  I've got a
Trans-Trem and have given up all together the idea of transposing up due
the fear of suddenly losing an eyeball from a renegade E string!
-and on another 'non looping' gear question.  Does anyone out there know
of a
way I could pick up an ADA MP-2 preamp?  I'm using one now and think it's
great but have heard that they are as good as scrap metal should they crap
out due to company specific software that is no longer available since the
company unfortunately bit the dust.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.