Re: bar music

Luis,
I realize that you asked Matthias, not me, but I have
some experience with edps, before and after
input/output gain mods.

If horrible orange distortion is the problem only at
"times", then the gain structure is not your problem.
The edp is most likely to overload with that nasty
distortion with too much high frequency content on the
input.

The edp has high frequency pre-emphasis on the input,
and de-emphasis on the output to improve the s/n.

Be careful with the levels of broad high freq sounds
like cymbals, and synth patches extremely rich in high
freq overtones, etc.  These can overload the codec
before the led indicates too much signal.

It takes a bit of practice to get the input just
right, and certainly will vary with different input
sources.  You can't trust just your eyes (on the input
led), you have to record and listen to the playback to
calibrate yourself to how much signal is correct.
bret