Re: Re: Looping Therapy - Mind / Brain Machines

>I think Aphex Twin, Autechre and others have already tapped the
>psychoactive effects of beat frequencies, inducing alpha states,
>etc. This area has already been explored widely by the New Age and
>Rave crowd.

I would definitely not turn anybody onto Aphex Twin as some sort of example
of the 'healing' properties of looping or frequency manipulation, however!

That guy is seriously messed up, IMO.  He creates the most dense,
disturbing 'sounds'.  At first, i am intrigued, because i've never heard
anybody assemble sound quite like it...then the questions start coming
up..."This isn't right, something's wrong, i am being manipulated here..."

Interesting ideas, all of them, but i am much more interested in potential
healing properties than the disturbing stuff these days...I already did my
TG, Current 93 and Psychic TV stint...

do what you will, but harm none...

rich