RE: emu?

> speaking of emu, has anyone played around with their new "b3" box? looks
pretty cool.
> 'sposed to do (almost) everything a hammond does without chiropractor
bills...

I've had an Emu Vintage Keys for years...the b3 sounds are wonderful.  I
haven't
experimented too much with changing the sound on the fly with it since the
drawbar
settings are kinda set in the sample.

I recently picked up a Kurzweil PC2X controller keyboard.  An added bonus
was
the amazing hammand sounds it makes!  The leslie is jaw-dropping, and you
can
flip it into a mode where the sliders adjust the drawbars in real-time
(4 at a time...plus the 9th one on the mod wheel).  The percussion is
very realistic (I have an old hammond I can compare it to) and there are
some great options on the chorus settings.  It won't help your chiropractor
bills....55 pounds.  A SKB case will add another 25 pounds (with wheels,
thankfully).

      -Mike McGary