EDP tutorial

Hi oh wizards of EDP...My problem is that I can't get to loop/delay.
I hit the parameters button and the row indicator lights up  to the
"timing"
row    but It's not working........I am synced to drum machines but have a
jamman as the controller with the EDP synced to it.
I also cannot get to reverce in the way I have it set up...I hit the
parameter button and try to scroll down to reverse and nothing happens at
all no light changes no engagement to the other parameters...does being
synced with midi from other devices prevent me from moving around the
other
parameters?  Any help would be great.  Thanks  Papa Dave