Re: Echoplex=crap for dummies

I am realizing that a lot of electronic products have certain bugs when
they
are first released.I think the best thing to do is to wait a bit and
observe
how it behaves. We have the advantage of the internet to monitor many
products nowdays,so donīt rush and be patient.In the Echoplex case I was
not
warned of itīs bugs and i find it hard to believe that Gibson as well as
the
sales people didnīt know either.I bought my first one in 1996,returned it
after a couple of months and bought another one in 1997, which didnīt have
the overheating problem but also had bugs. the internal legal problems
behind this product  i did not know either but i payed a lot of money for
it
and repairs.This was ignored by the company  in
the past of course and thank God i found this site.In America i was told
that Oberheim in Germany would take care of any problems which wasnīt the
case.That i call conspiracy my friend.They donīt even know what the hell it
is!
If you are in europe be sure to
get names,adresses and telephone numbers of the people who will be helping
you and assisting you if anything goes wrong.This thing is not going to be
cheap here!. I
believe is quite understandable for any consumer to feel this
way.
Nevertheless i must say that the EDP is the best real time looper outhere
and
Matthias is a
genius!
Cheers
Luis

> I don't know whether to kiss my pds-8000 or storm the gates of Gibson
>with
> machine gun.

They