Re: Damon, Why CF ?

> I suppose it depends on the application. A lot of people interested in
> multitrack looping are working with a variety of sound sources that they
> want on separate loop tracks. Imagine a percussionist with each drum
> separately mic'd. As he plays each is recorded on it's own loop track,
> which can then be manipulated and operated on individually. Ask Dennis,
>he
> would probably like that.

(Ulp!  My name gets mentioned!)

Yes, individual 'tracks' permit individual treatment of each track.  The
treatment may include EQ, reverb/delay/echo, level adjustment, and panning
(spatialization).  An advantage of "all-in-one" boxes like Kyma and
Orville is
that you don't need an individual output (DAC) for each track, since the
box
does the treatment (EQ, reverberation, level adjustment, etc) itself.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com