Re: Roland handsonic (& battery-powered amp Q)

pvallad1 (10:55 PM 08.07.2000) wrote:

 >Sounds kewl and from I'm seeing on the street price, also sounds like a
really
 >good deal compared to the Zen Drum.

Well, the Zendrum is _very_ cool, you have to wear one to reall understand
just how well laid out the pads are, but it's designed as a controller
only, not a sound source. And yeah, at US $1450 for the low-end model,
it's
pricey.

 >Silly question, though... Are the pitches tunable on this thing?

Oh yes. :)

One of the fun demos that Roland Percussion Demo God "Steve" liked to do
was to create a jazz percussion section on the fly. He'd lay down a drum
track, then a percussion track and then add a tuned bass line. Them while
that sequence was in PLAY mode, he'd play a "lead" line over the top of it.

All from the pads on the HPD-15. :)

Mark
|_) _  _||\/| _  _ ._          evolutionary electronica