Re: Footpedals, Rampant Elitism.

> Kim said...

>The GCX thing is nice, but as far as I can tell it is controlled by
>program change messages which all pedals send. So most any midi pedal
>should be able to work with it just fine, not just ground control.

Actually Kim, it's controlled by cc control changes... 0 and 127 to toggle
the relay. There are 8 relays and if you want to toggle the state of all
of them, you need a pedal which will send 8 control changes AT ONCE.
Therefore limiting your selection of controllers to ones which can do
that.

In all fairness to the Ground Control, I'd say it's pretty useful for 95%
of what most of us need. Which is usually continuous control on multiple
channels and program changes on multiple channels (not sure how many
though). Instant multiple control changes are also possible and
programmable to a button and it has provision for 2 ExPeds...

Like Kim also said... It WILL NOT do note on / note off; start / stop;
record and send sysex strings. If you want these types of events, you're
going to be limited to maybe 2 or 3 controllers. The PMC-10 does all of
this stuff, but beware... it really ISN'T that road worthy and DOES have
potential s/w bugs which will throw it into a reinit and trash all your
patches. It's not that reliable for restoring to if you have one of the
buggy ones either. But... when it's working... IT'S THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing else comes close.

Best regards,
-Miko