Re: The Opportunity to Hear Each Others' Loops (Was: EMUSIC Top 20 for July)

Hello All,

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Nelson <tcn62@ici.net>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
<Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Date: Saturday, September 02, 2000 9:19 PM
Subject: The Opportunity to Hear Each Others' Loops (Was: EMUSIC Top 20 for
July)

>On the one hand, postings promoting local gigs and radio broadcasts that
>most of us can't be involved in AREN'T universally appreciated, but all
>the
>same, they can be useful. Even if we can't make it to the show, we can
>still keep our thumbs on the pulse of which venues are happening and are
>more or less "loop sympatico". Occasionally, listmembers have travelled to
>"meet and greet" at such events. Playlists for programs like Bill's can be
>a resource for finding out about artists we may not have otherwise known
>about. And there's always the "delete" button...

Obviously Tim gets it.  I'd like to add that since I play many unknowns in
backwater genre, my playlists should be considered as encouragement to make
music and taken as evidence that there IS a place where you have a change
of
getting airplay.  Looping is only a technique.  But when used to make
ambient or
space music (my show's raison d'etre), Loopers know that I'll seriously
consider
their music.

>My suggestion that Bill reserve regular spots for us on his playlist was
>made with tongue in cheek, [...]

And it has caused my show to be advertised much more than my weekly
playlists
even attempt!  Announcement--  It seems that WDIY, though moving as slow
as a
glacier, plans to netcast some day.  Don't hold your breath but if the PD
says
so, I believe it!

Cheers,

Bill         billfox@fast.net
http://wdiyfm.org/schedule/s_emusic.html
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show.  Thursdays at
11 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in Easton and
Phillipsburg.  Email me if you wish to submit music for airplay
consideration.
Personal site: http://www.users.fast.net/~billfox