RE: My experiences with the Handsonic (long, reveiw)

Jonathan El-Bizri (01:45 PM 09.05.2000) wrote:

 >>I am still trying to sort out which sounds, if any, are physically
 >modeled
 >>and which are samples.  There is no mention of COSM or physical modeling
 >>anywhere in the manual or the advertisements I have seen for the
 >Handsonic.
 >
 >They are >all< multi-samples, as far as I could tell. Take the most
 >intricate, such as the tabla or talking drum. Hit it twice in succession
 >at
 >the same level; same sample. Pretty good multisampling though.

If you can stand the Roland site long enough, you'll find this statement:

   The HPD-15 HandSonic is an electronic hand percussion multi-pad with
   triggering capabilities derived from breakthrough V-drums technology.
   Divided into 15 parts, the HPD-15 allows hand percussionists to play up
   to 300 realistic acoustic and electronic percussion sounds -- 15
   simultaneously -- with all the sensitivity that the Roland V-drums are
   famous for.

So, this sounds like the _triggers_ may of come from the V-Drum boxes, but
that the sounds may not of.

I coulda' sworn though that Roland was claiming V-Drum modeling in the
sounds as well.

None-the-less. I do like mine!

Mark