Re: Am I a fool ?

>Dear fellow lopers,
>
>My voice is a little shaky as I timidly ask:
>
>Am I a fool to sell my brand new Echoplexes now with the expectation
>that the Electrix Repeater is going to be a superior product ?
>
>I've been looping with a Jamman (synced to a drum machine) for years and
>was really excited about finally getting an Echoplex, but am actually
>disappointed now.
>
>Maybe it's just me, but I think it's hard to use and not as stable as
>the Jamman. The user's manual is one of the worst I've seen (I was the
>one who started the discussion about 'EDP tutorial video' several months
>ago).
>
>Anyway, I'm going to a music swap-meet next weekend (Zone Music in
>Sonoma Co. California) and thinking about bringing my two Echoplexes.
>
>Am I nuts, or what ?

How long have you had the echoplexes? I don't own one, but a friend let me
borrow his for a month, and my first impression was much like yours. But,
after a while, I was finding that there was some very cool things that
could be done with it. My advice would be to hold on them until the
repeater is actually available, and if you're still not satisfied with
them, sell them then. One thing I've learned about both the musical
instrument and computer industries is to never NEVER trust your future to a
piece of gear that isn't actually shipping yet, no offense to Electrix, but
until I know for sure I can lay my hands on a physical unit, I'm not going
to consider one.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org
Minus Web Site: http://listen.to/minusmusic
Minus MP3's: http://www.mp3.com/-minus-