Re: Am I a fool ?

At 9:41 AM -0700 9/11/00, Mark Pulver wrote:

> >The Repeater, however...hmmm, totally new beast altogether.  Keeping my
> >fingers crossed.
>
>Actually.. It's not all that different for them. I know what you're
>saying,
>but you have to remember who Electrix is.
>
>Electrix is a division of IVL:
>
>   http://www.ivl.com/main.htm
>
>IVL has been doing _premier_ work in pitch shifting, time slicing and
>other
>DSP laden functionality for a LONG time. They license their DSP code to a
>number of _major_ manufacturers.
>
>Electrix knows a LOT about DSP in general, and pitch/time mangling in
>specific. They're well poised to make a killer looping box. :)

interesting, except that looping is inherently not a DSP algorithm. It is
nice to add the digital processing into the mix, but all the primary
looping functions are about controlling existing data, not about processing
it. You have to get that data control/loop function stuff right first.

If you look at all the major looping boxes of the past, none of them were
based on DSP.

kim