Re: Repeater Info Online/The Year 2000

>No, Repeater isn't a delay line. "Basically" it's a 4 track memory based
>sampler/recorder with looping capabilities. Beyond the basics, it can do
>time and pitch mangling in real time, with overdubbing on all tracks, all
>under MIDI control.

It amazes me how year after year... things will come out... yet, folks
still drool over the cool things in boxes from 1980s...

Where are people's minds? I know if I were a manufacturer, I would be
lining up users and milking them for every suggestion I could find...

I beta for a bunch of companies... do they listen? Rarely. What is it?
Where are people's minds...

In other words... why can't we have it all? There's always something about
one of these boxes that pisses people off... why do they do that to us? Why
not just make the thing right from the beginning? So we have to upgrade?
And we always move halfway closer to the goal?

We need a new company... GODBOX, that has everything you ever wanted and
more (because they listen to end users). Has all the freedom, flexibility,
sonic quality, I/O freedom... midi control that works... and software to
easily program these things... realtime and preset control, and interfaces
flawlessly with everything else you have, and doesn't screw up! ... and of
course lets you save everything to disk on computer somehow...

Is it really that difficult?

Peace, Love, & Music
James Musser
peaceland@earthlink.net

Lessons at:  http://home.earthlink.net/~peaceland/peaceland.htm
Underwater Traffic:  http://members.aol.com/utjam/ut.htm
Top 100 Unsigned Bands in L.A. '99 - Music Connection
Nominations:  Best South Bay Band '97 - Rock City News
Best Guitar '97 & Best L.A. Band '96 - LA Music Awards