Re: in support of conservatism

Well, I agree with all your points.

What I don't like with the gear cycle (I want these effects and these and
these) is that when you've got a lot of things in the path of your tube amp
(for guitar), you loose the quality of the tone and to reaching again this
quality, you put compressor, noise gate and so on...

I personnally prefer the simplest setup possible. Even if I have a couple
of effects, my normal and preferred setting is Guitar-Amp-Delay. It's so
simple, but I think I can do enough with it even if sometimes I use chorus,
wah or these kinds of things.

I know a guy who thinks the EQ on his amp is an unecessary tool and that it
is too much sophisticated. I'm not such a purist. :) Only a question of
judgment (What is really necessary in my setup?). One thing sure, EQ is..
:) But it is also true that we can do a lot more than we think with the
volume and tone controls on the guitar.

Best,
Christian