Re: in support of conservatism

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian Leduc" <chleduc@total.net>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 10:18 PM
Subject: Re: in support of conservatism

> I know a guy who thinks the EQ on his amp is an unecessary tool and that
it
> is too much sophisticated. I'm not such a purist. :) Only a question of
> judgment (What is really necessary in my setup?). One thing sure, EQ is..
> :) But it is also true that we can do a lot more than we think with the
> volume and tone controls on the guitar.

Which reminds me, I recently plugged my guitar straight into the amp for
the
first time in years.  I could still make most of the funny noises and
weirdo
sounds that I normally rely on my processing gear for.  What a surprise to
find that I still sounded like myself, without my Boss GT3, Zoom 9002, and
EH Microsynth to help me!

Incidentally, I am looking forward to acquiring either an EDP or Repeater
by
year-end.  However, I'm glad that I've spent the past 5 years using the
very
limited 4-second sampler pedal that I've got; I think I'll appreciate my
new
toy and its capabilities that much more.

A useful exercise for me recently has been listening to traditional
Japanese
shakuhachi music.  A skilled player can get a positively astonishing
variety
of sounds out of this simple bamboo flute.  It makes me feel sort of silly
to think that I need lots of extra equipment to do the same thing.

Peter